Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Roll Bar for '90 K5

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by nomadman, Apr 4, 2005.

1. nomadman

nomadman 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for a front roll bar - just a single hoop that goes just behind the driver's seat - anybody have one in the NE area? Shipping is probably out due to the size. I have a factory rear one now and want a front one so I can connect the two together and use the connecters to hang the rear seat shoulder harness retracters when I use my soft top this summer. I traced the rear one before I put it in so the easiest route may be find some 2" DOM tubing and bent it myself. Thought I'd ask before going to the trouble. :thinking:

2. nomadman

nomadman 1/2 ton status

DOM Tubing

Didn't get a chance to stop in my local welding shop and ask about some 2" DOM tubing. Anybody know how much per foot I should expect to pay for it?

3. nomadman

nomadman 1/2 ton status

Tubing Cost

Well I found a place on line that will sell and ship any size, shape, and kind of metal w/ no min. qty. - www.metalsdepot.com - and boy did I get a lesson in cost! Seems as though DOM wouldn't be necessary for a roll bar IMHO anyway. So I priced up 2" x .120 x 10'; $46 + $83 to ship 'cause it's over 8' making it oversize and has to go FedEx freight. So, maybe shipping an existing roll bar isn't out of the question after all, and maybe if anyone has another rear one I could mod it to do what I want. Anything available front or rear even if it has to be shipped?
    Thanks, Jim.