Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front seat too far forward

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ssls6, Feb 13, 2005.

1. ssls6

ssls6 Registered Member

I'm 6'3" and find my 72 K5 is very cramped. Before I go and fabricate some kind of seat mount adapter, I thought I'd ask here first. Some of you may have already been down this road. I would love to move my seat back another 2" or so.

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Have you noticed an extra set of mounting holes for the rear of the seat brackets???

I posted up a while back (and I think the pics are in my gallery under sheetmetal repair) about "mystery holes" in my floor. There is an extra set of holes in the rear only that are threaded and hold the drivers seat further back. There is no corresponding mount for the front of the seat rails so I had to build a little offset block to secure it.

I'm only 5'9" but I guess I like to "ride way back" in the seat. I always felt too close to the steering wheel with the stock mount.

:confused:

3. ssls6

ssls6 Registered Member

Thanks Greg. I'll check those holes out. In my minds eye, I'm picturing a piggy back bracket and bolts down to the stock mounts and bolts up to the seat with the appropreiate offset. Those extra rear holes will make the job a lot easier.

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Here's the pic in case you didn't recognize it:

[​IMG]

This was taken though the open driver's side door, the rocker is at the bottom of the photo. The first set of holes (that look kinda not round) are the factory holes) the second nice clean set have the same threaded backers on them be are about 2" further back. I checked the factory assembly manuals and never found any reference to them or to a bench seat option, etc.

Weerd! :crazy:

5. tom4

tom4 Registered Member

I was able to extend my seat in my 72' all the way untill it hit that little step up for the back seat. Just take out the limiting bolts and drill a whol further back and stick a bolt in it. It doesnt look pretty but it works.