Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front seats for my 88 Blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pomai, Jul 28, 2005.

1. pomai

pomai 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I would like to install new front reclining seats in my blazer. Any ideas or suggestions on were to get them. Or if anyone has experienced installing seats from other vehicles? Thanks Ed

2. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

I 2nd that request for info. I would like to replace the stock seats in my 90 K-5

3. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

I bought some captains chairs for my blazer that came out of an early 90's truck. They are power, reclining, and both sides flip forward way more than the stock one seat did. You could also look for seats out of the new body style f/s blazers, or older suburbans. I know seats out of the older burbs will bolt right in. As far as my seats go, Im not sure about the bolt pattern, but if it didnt line up, I was going to make new brackets.

Stephen

4. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

Iused seats out of a 2000 cavalier, pics are in my signature. Pretty easy I used the stock mounts and welded 2 in flat stock to relocate the holes

5. caleb22

caleb22 1/2 ton status

i bought a set of leather seats for my 89 from summit for $600

6. RubberFloorMat

RubberFloorMat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

im gonna geta set of those sport seats from summit or Jegs, 215 each cant be beat....

7. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

i have been watching for a good deal on ebay, but i really like the 95-99 suburban grey leather seats.

8. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

You can find some nice seats by searching for Alcatera seats. I got 2 for 400.00 with shipping. Got mine off ebay.

9. akbound

akbound 1/2 ton status

I did much the same as alf4444, except that I used seats from a 96 Geo that I got for $36/pr at half price day at the junkyard.

10. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

i was thinking of them same seats by summit or the ones that are made by summit just with less of side support (they are wider) im about 6 foot 3 and 230 lbs.

11. sandracer799

sandracer799 1/2 ton status

i swapped in seats out of a 2000 Silverado. They are so much more comfortable especially for the huskie gentlemen.

12. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

i have a set of 03 power/heated/leater in my 83
    welded in some 2x2 tube on the one side and some plate under neight best thing iv ever done to my truck

13. utchev

utchev Registered Member

I think the Grand Am seats are very similar if not the same. Last time I was at the junk, there was a loose bucket seat in a '95ish Grand Am and a conveniently located '91 Sub. You'd need to drill/reinforce the rear mount area, but the front looked almost bolt-in.

14. angelglo

angelglo 1/2 ton status

i used cloth seats from a 95-99 with the center console in my 75. they fit great and recline all the way down. they are power seats but i did not know how to hook up the heat.

i just bought a full set of escalade seats with power and air bags. its all leater. i bought the full set for 400. i sold the center seats for $800. i am going to install the rear seats that fold. the only thing i dont like about them is that they dont recline all the way and they dont fold forward to let in rear passengers. the 95-99 seats folded so i can get people into the rear. i dont use truck for rock or mud anymore. it actually just sits in my driveway so im not concerned about the leather get thrashed.

angel