Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front seats.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JimmyJuneau, Aug 22, 2003.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

I am looking to replace my front seats in my truck but not sure on how to do it. If I go to a junk yard and get say like a pair of bucket seats out of a dodge truck is there a conversion bracket I can buy for it?

Who has doen this sort of thing before? DO you have any pictures of the swap if so post them thanks.

2. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

I just put some 2000 cavalier seats in mine. I guess there are many ways to mount differant seats, depends on your application. Mine were skinnier and shorter mounting wise from the stockers so I welded a plate on my stock brackets then drilled holes through the plate to bolt to. You could also use the stock bracket off of the new seats if it sits at the right height and then drill new holes in the floor board, I will try and get some pics uploaded in my webshots page this weekend www.webshots.com/alf4444

3. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

the link to your pics is no good........ /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. patrickcampbell

patrickcampbell Registered Member

ive got a set of stockers "mint" from a 77 with brackets, that would be the best way to go! <font color="red"> </font> /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

When you get to the salvage yard, ask for a set from a 90-03 Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon or Extended cab pickup. They literally bolt in. In worst case you'll have to drill a couple of new bolt holes. I installed 96 Yukons and they were a 30 minute swap. 2 Door Tahoes, Yukons or Extended Cabs have the best seat as they'll slide forward as well as flip forward for better access to the back seat area.

6. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

any pix? are they buckets?

7. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

anyone think the rear seat (2nd row) from a yukon would come close to bolting in for a k10?? we're talking bench seat..no power, just about the same as my front seat..but leather..

8. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have any pictures of their conversions?

9. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> THere are a couple pics of the seats in my truck here. They are out of a '92 Integra, I just made a simple rectangular frame out of 1.5" square tube, the welded tabs to the frame to bolt it ot the original holes in the floor and bolted the seats directly to the frame. I can get more detailed shots if you want. </font>

[​IMG]