Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front shackles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by coopertwpk, Aug 11, 2000.

1. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

A while back I posted that I was going to make sets ,Now I am if you want a set e mail me I figure 20$ a set if you want them, I want the length eye to eye,Thickness (I use 1/2")but tell me you preference I need bolt size ,newer 87 up take a 9/16 spring eye bolt but a 7/16 hanger bolt so give me your specs Ill post pics soon.Also with the 1/2 you dont have to worry about sliding them over rocks and it stiffens the side motion allot.also I can get the upper eye bushings for you if need be theyre 3.50$ a pair.
    If you have any questions call (760)951-1752
    Thanks Tracy Jenkins P.S. Ill check on shipping prices because a pair in 1/2" isnt light.

2. derek2002

derek2002 1/2 ton status

Call me a flippin idiot, but what exactly do you mean? Are they like a shackle flip that gives you lift for the front? If so, I might be interested in a set.

Thanks,
    -Derek

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Derek, I think he is talking about front shackles. Not the flip, that is for the rear.

Cooper,
    I'm assuming your shackles are Heavy duty and not weak like the ones that come stock? Are they the same size in length as the ones that come stock? Are they like the ones ORD sells? http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/hdshackles.htm Sorry for all the Q's, but would like to know before I jump in.
    Boss

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Is it possible to get greasable ones like ORD?

Mike [​IMG]
    1982 GMC Jimmy - <font color=green>Emmett</font color=green>
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com