Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front shaft Dollors

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by proyouring71nova, Dec 18, 2003.

1. proyouring71nova

proyouring71nova Registered Member

So I go to the drive line dude to get my drive shaft lengthend and he's saying $100. I had to pull the u-joints, Is this the going rate for this or did I get hosed.......

2. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

No...the going rate is $50-100.. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. stretch67

stretch67 1/2 ton status

i would say 100 bucks is a great deal for retubing a driveshaft! usually it's 100 bucks to cut one and balance i paid 300 for retube new cv joint and new non greasable spicer hd ujoints /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. fbzack

fbzack Registered Member

Hey max is this johnny franklin's in san rafael thats doing the drive shaft? I had them do mine and it came out really nice and i think it was only 80 bucks.

5. proyouring71nova

proyouring71nova Registered Member

FbZack, No i'm getting it done in richmond by a drive line spec. I didnt like the work they did on my Dad car, they really did a chez *ick job on it and then over charged him. The dude in rich. really dos nice work and he gave me all the parts at hole sale. I'm getting them back Friday I'll take pics and put them on my page. -Max

6. fbzack

fbzack Registered Member

Yah like most places in marin if you dont know some one who can get you a deal its going to cost alot. just Though i would ask. Let me know how the new shafts turn out maybe i will have them make my new ones.

7. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

If you think the place does good work don't even worry about it. It's money well spent. But in answer to your "?" if that includes balancing $100 is a good price.