Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front shaft done.

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by extremetahoe, Oct 14, 2006.

1. extremetahoe

extremetahoe 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Got the front shaft built today. Just got to pick up ujoints after I build the rear tomorrow. Then I jump straight into the ladder bars. Then exhaust and oh around Monday or Tuesday install the lockers, hopefully. Anybody up to give a guy a hand?

Hate to ask this question but oh well, Is anyone from around the Jacksonville area driving to Autumn Thump in a diesel that is not pulling a rig and would have room for two and wouldn't mind pulling one, will have an open seat once we get there. Will split gas or what ever. Really want to break the tahoe in on this ride. Will be the first time she's hit the trails around here since the $10,000's worth of upgrades.:D

2. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Man, you've got a big to-do list.:eek1: I'd come help but its a little too far for me on this short of notice. I think they've got some towrigs down at the car lot.:wink1: Run down and grab yourself one.:o

3. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I'll have to say it..............Get to work:D

I hope you make it.

4. extremetahoe

The things on the to do list are the easy things. I'll pretty much finish those up today. It's just the tow rig problem that's getting me. And I have the money now to buy a rig but you can't find what I want around here. The closest ones are in Texas. Unless ya'll know some one with a 2000-2003 ford excursion LIMITED with the 7.3 diesel?;)

5. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I know where a 2wd one is for around 13,000 but I don't think its the limited. Its got cloth interior but loaded.

6. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I know a guy who has an 04 D max for sale. Pretty good looking truck in my opinion too.

If mine isn't gone by the time the thump rolls around I would be more than happy to tow it up there as long as you have a trailer to put it on.

I wis hI was in town or I would come over and give you a hand but seeing as I am still up in Virginia, not able too.

7. extremetahoe

Are you going to be done here by then? If so will you have room for the wife and I? Let me know. I have a trailer. Finshing welding up the rear shaft right now. Picking up the ujoints tomorrow. Will probably start on the lockers as tonight. Got to wait till my 35 spline spider gears come in b before I can do the front. Should be here around tuesday or so. Hopefully I can get it in by then. If not I just won't have a locker in the front for this trip. Let me know man. Will be more than glad to pay ya.

8. extremetahoe

How far is it from Jacksonville? Thanks for the reply man. Got the shafts finished, just need to put in the ujoints. Starting on the ladder bars in a few. Should be ready to roll if 79stomper gets back in town.

9. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

Sweet, glad to see you're going to hopefully make it.

10. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Man I wish I ws going with you guys, you need to update your gallery Stephen.

11. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

We'll keep a empty spot in the column in your honor, Sir! :D

12. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

thanks bro, just like Mcarthur said "I will be back":waytogo: