Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front shock location

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by screamer*145, Nov 12, 2004.

1. screamer*145

screamer*145 1/2 ton status

i dont want to use the stock mount location on the axle, because i dont like the way they hang below it. so can i make mount to put it on top of the axle and use a ferd tower. also an other question is what part number was for the napa brake line that are longer then stock for 4" lift and then some. any thoughts will be considerd....Thanks!

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

could just get some nice shock hoops mounted to the frame and moutn on top of the axle. Mounting on top of the axle is a superior method of placement. Better body roll control(shock is closer to 90* if not 90*) and its up out of the way. Not sure how you would go about mounting ford shock towers in any location that would work with a mount on top of the housing. Not sure how these would work on one of our older Chevy's but here is what I mean.
    http://www.bluetorchfab.com/oscomm/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=29_64&products_id=72

3. screamer*145

screamer*145 1/2 ton status

just looked at it and your right it would be hard to use the ferd towers bump stop in the way. the problem i have with the hoops is that i dont want to lose the wheel wells. with the ferd towers could you leave the axle mounts alone and just move the towrs as far forwerd as possible to get the shock closer to 90*!