Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front shock mount

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fright89, Sep 27, 2001.

1. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

blew off the front lower shock mount on the 89, its got the dual shocks and i think the kid befor me had the rong shocks. the chevy dealer said they dont have just the mounts. its the bottom one welded to the axil. Does anybody know who might sell one. think im gona put just one rancho 9000 on when i get the mount fixed. any thaughts any help thanks

2. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Make your own. It will be stronger.

DANGIT it's not a bronco!

3. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

i dont weld but i gues im gona have my buddy down at the body shop do it up if i cant get one

4. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

Just go to a weld shop and they will fix it. I would get the new shocks first though so you know how wide to seperate the mount. I would go with one shock per side like your thinking of doing. The rumor is that two shocks make for a very rough ride.

5. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

Just go to a weld shop and they will fix it. I would get the new shocks first though so you know how wide to seperate the mount. I would go with one shock per side like your thinking of doing. The rumor is that two shocks make for a very rough ride.