Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front speaker placement

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 3car, Sep 25, 2002.

1. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

what will give a better sound,Q forms,or mounting good 6.5's in a panel tward the middle of the door panel?

2. AzzKicker

AzzKicker 1/2 ton status

I'm putting mine on the doors at the moment. I dont like the idea of having speakers right where my feet are. They wouldnt last 2 days.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've had Q-forms befor and really liked them. I plan on some for my Blazer.

4. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

i got q-forms, they sound pretty badass, the opposit side is directed right at your face, however incredibly expensive, they are fairly durable and come with a protective screen, but it wont stop a kick, and some how, i became more careful when i had over 300 dollars worth of q-form and speaker at my feet /forums/images/icons/smile.gif mail me if you need more info..

5. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Build the forms yourself with fiberglass and you'll save money and be proud of them when your done. This is an excelent vehicle to learn on.

6. AzzKicker

AzzKicker 1/2 ton status

where can I go to learn how to make or where to buy fiberglass. I have a rust area about the size of half a credit card on my truck, and instead of buying a repair panel, i'd like to use fiberglass.

7. Rebel-Rider

Rebel-Rider 1/2 ton status

i read a whole bunch of fiberglass info on the web and it actually made it look a lot harder than it really is as for supplies i would not go to a local walmart it gets to expensive to make anything i buy all of my resin and mat at www.shopmaninc.com/ they have the best prices out there fiber glass is really easy to use i usually make a mold out of cardboard and then dip my mat in the resin and hardner mix and just lay it over your mold its so easy to use its unbeliveable /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif