Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Speaker(s)

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 87K54WD, Apr 4, 2000.

1. 87K54WD

87K54WD 1/2 ton status

Was just curious here, I currently have an AM radio only in the K5 and seems like I only have one speaker (in the middle of the dash). I can see the speaker pin holes for the right and left on the dash but no sound comes from there. Do I just have one speaker then or did the AM radios just use the center speaker? If I do just have one speaker, could I put two more on each side ... again I have the pin holes, which leads me to believe that speakers are suppose to go there, as well as the wiring should be there too???

2. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

the speaker in there is like a 5x8 in size only one. I have cut some ABS before or some back strapping and mounted to 4" speakers in there. Getting your hands up that high in your dash is funnnnnn

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Yes you can add the speakers at each end of the dash. I believe your refuring to a 81-91 model of K-5. If you don't have the mouning plates in there go to a junk yard and get them. Remember which one goes on with side. They aren't that hard to put in just take out the dash and put them in from the top. and your done. You'll have to run wires to the radio unless your lucky and find the ones in the harness. wire to radio. With it being AM only it is most likely it is going to be mono only so no stereo seperation.

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

4. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

you can have my old dash speakers!
    (a joke)[​IMG]