Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front spring bolt help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fr8train, Aug 19, 2001.

1. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

I can not get this bolt off the front spring mount.[​IMG] I have used the BFH I have. And no go. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Jersey

Jersey 1/2 ton status

Either a long pipe on the end of your breaker bar for leverage, or a torch and new hanger. Had a hell of a time with mine this weekend! good luck.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I had the same fun you're having. I had new bushings to go in as well as some new grade 8 bolts. I used a cut-off wheel and cut the bolt off on either side of the spring. Then I used a drill and drilled through the bushing a number of times until the old bushing and the remainder of the spring eye bolt fell out.

I then cleaned the eye of the spring and coated with a bit of grease, new bushings slid right in and re-assembly was cake.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

4. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

SO far I have made some leeway with the hacksaw. So I am going to go to town with it tommorow till I get he two of them off.