Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Spring Hanger fix??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Impex, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

when i first bought my truck i didn't know much and when i installed my lift, the LF spring the bushings were so gone that it wore a oblong hole in the spring hanger, but i put it togehter anyways [​IMG] and i noticed that the drivers side always rubbed when really flexed and the pass. side didn't so i took it apart today 3 years later and i think its gotten worse, how can i fix this? grind it smooth and weld a washer on the end? or should i just buy one from LMC?

2. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

you can always try the washer thing, but that does not do anything for the oblonged hole, and you woul dbe in the same spot if the weld does not hold. the other option of replaceing the hanger would pose the question of how to attach to the frame. rivets or put bolts and nuts instead of factory rivets.
    what a dilema /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    good luck

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'd weld a case hardened frame washer over the hole. The welding will take the hardening out but most of those washers are quite a bit thicker than normal washers...so it'll take quite a bit more to wear em out.

Might be hard to source those, I'd say most industrial fastener suppliers could hook you up though.

Another alternative is to cut a piece of 1/4" plate the same profile as the side of the hanger, weld it in and re-drill the hole.

Rene

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I would either patch it with 1/4" plate like Rene suggested, or find one on a donor frame and bolt it on with 3/8" G8 bolts and lock nuts (maybe weld too on a critical piece like that).

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

You can get replacement hangers from LMC Truck. They have them.

#34-1340 (left hand)
    #34-1342 (right hand)

$29.95 each

Get them on lmctruck.com. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I just pick up a set at the dealer and paid 17.95 for one side and 19.95 for the other side I also welded kind of a skid/brace on the frt. to make the hanger alot stronger I will try to post a couple of pics later if yall want. [​IMG]

7. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

thx for the replies, sounds like the best bet is to just replace them.

Billy Ray: do you happen to ahve the part # on those? the dealer is cheaper then aftermarket go figure /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

8. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I will get you the #'s on Tues. when I go back to work I left the invoice there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

Billy Ray: don't worry about it, went down to my local Chevy Dealer and bought them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. here are the parts #'s incase anyone else needs them.

#326439 - $24.78
    #326440 - $23.60