Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front spring hangers off of the rear (did a search, gots some ??)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88Silverado, May 30, 2003.

1. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

I saw some posts about using the front spring hangers off the rear springs for a shackle flip.

Do you bolt these directly into the rear mounting points or do they need to be moved?

How is the shackle angle? OK for flex?

How much lift? Looks like it can be varied up/down due to the 3 rows of bolt holes?

I figure I want 3-4" of lift.
    I want to get the BDS 3" front springs and plan on running swaybar disconnects and eventually ford shock tower swap.

Rear is going to be the stock springs (have the tow package and was thinking about flipping the bottom overload)

Im going to run 33-12.5-15 Trxus MT's on 8" Weld wheels

Mostly for camping and good off-roading. Plan on towing a small trailer with some dirt bikes or a tent trailer in the future.

What ya think??

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I saw some posts about using the front spring hangers off the rear springs for a shackle flip.

Do you bolt these directly into the rear mounting points or do they need to be moved? No and Yes...No they dont just bolt up, and you will want to move the centerline of the fixed end of the shackle forward a bit.

How is the shackle angle? OK for flex? Yes, however you set it.

How much lift? Looks like it can be varied up/down due to the 3 rows of bolt holes? whatever you want it to be, mines 2inches, but you can net up to 4in.

Rear is going to be the stock springs (have the tow package and was thinking about flipping the bottom overload)Remove the overload leaf.

Mostly for camping and good off-roading. Plan on towing a small trailer with some dirt bikes or a tent trailer in the future. Some say there are issues towing a trailer w/ a flip. I dont tow w/ my rig so I cant say for sure.

What ya think??I try not to think, it hurts too much. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Look at my Webshots in the Re-Construction album. I got kinda detailed on the install.

3. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

No Problem.