Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Spring Hangers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JEBSR, Aug 25, 2005.

1. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

A WHILE BACK I SAW A POST THAT I CANNOT SEEM TO FIND AGAIN SO IF ANYONE HAS THIS INFO PLEASE SHARE. I WANT TO GET RID OF MY EXTENDED SHACKLES AND RUN A BRACKET THAT WILL LOWER THE SPRING MOUNT POSITION IN FRONT TO ACHIEVE ABOUT 3-4". MY SPRINGS ARE FAIRLY NEW 4" AND DON'T WANT THE EXTA STIFFNESS OF 8"'S. WHERE DO I GET THESE????????? :dunno:

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

dropping your front mounts will only give you 1.5 or 2" of lift. However much you drop one side of the spring, cut that in half and thats how much lift you gain. No one sells a kit for drop front brackets, any you have seen were custom made. If you do it yourself, make it supported. Gusset to the frame and triangulate! Don't want to read how you crushed a family van when your leaf springs disconnected from your frame.

OH AND PLEASE STOP SCREAMING

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

this is to make the 88-up leaf sprung. but you can use this as a gide to make what you want along the same idea.

new mud truck 021.jpg

new mud truck 033.jpg

new mud truck 043.jpg

new mud truck 051.jpg