Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Spring Help

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Yohinan, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Yohinan

Yohinan 1/2 ton status

This post is in regards to my 1995 Chevy Suburban 1500 4X4. I looked up on gmparts direct my specific models front coild springs and it gave me two part numbers. 15058102 and 15528983. These is no specification as to which I do or dont need as they are both supposedly installed on 95 burbans. Maybe one is for a 4x4 and one is for a 4x2. Not sure. I am under the impression that the 1500 and 2500 Burbs both had the same coil springs installed from the factory. Can anyone confirm or deny this? What I am really looking for if anyone has the information is what exactly are my springs specification? Height, spring rate, and diameter of the springs are the most important. I am trying to get away with giving myself a 1" to 2" lift in front by just getting a set of custom springs made. Anyone know this bit of info or have any idea where in the world I could find this information so I can order up a new set of springs? Thanks in advance for the help. John

2. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

if it is a 4x4 you would not ahve coil springs but you would have torsen bars.

3. Yohinan

Yohinan 1/2 ton status

Oopss

You know for the life of me i cant get that through my head. I again feel like an idiot for posting this question. I dont know how many times I keep wanting to tell myself that their are springs up there but low and behold there arent. Sorry for the dumb question. I guess life is a little to active for me lately and my brain is not all there. I will blame it on just getting back from Iraq. Thanks again and sorry for the wasted space. John