Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front spring length lift options

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rubbinz raczn, Dec 11, 2004.

1. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

found a rig for mostly trail use. 1985 chevy 1/2 ton lwb truck. i will be putting a d60 front with crossover and a 14bolt ff rear. i have a set of rear 6" lift tuff country 52" springs. i don't have a front spring set yet cause the match to the rear are 1st gen. my question is should i order a set of tc front 6" or is there another option to match the rear lift and gain some flex? i have read you guys talking about swapping in longer springs, but would any add up to that height to match rear? i plan on running up to a 39' tire and don't mind the sawzall! any suggestions, thanks

2. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

to fit longer springs in the front you need to be able to build your own spring perches and with that in mind usually the perches are built with a little lift say 1-2" so if you can fab perches and add a little lift you will be set if you fab the perches with 2" built in lift you wouldnt use 4" rear springs though remember front chev fullsize springs are neg arch and rear springs are pos. arch so it may take some calculateing to get the desired lift i would personaly find rear springs that give you close to the lift you want then make up the differnce in the fab perches and shackles

willow

3. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status