Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front spring question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 86chevybanshee, Jun 12, 2004.

1. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

i want an 8 inch lift in the front of my truck, but i dont want the stiffness of 8 inch springs, so i was wondering if there was another way of getting 8 without buying 8 in springs, i was thinking 6 in springs with ORD zero rates and then with these shackles http://www.hill4wheeldrive.com/cgi-bin/products.cgi?category=category01&item=5392128774. but then i have to worry about the pinion angle right? any other suggestions, and i dont want to do the 52" swap

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    i want an 8 inch lift in the front of my truck, but i dont want the stiffness of 8 inch springs, so i was wondering if there was another way of getting 8 without buying 8 in springs, i was thinking 6 in springs with ORD zero rates and then with these shackles http://www.hill4wheeldrive.com/cgi-bin/products.cgi?category=category01&item=5392128774. but then i have to worry about the pinion angle right? any other suggestions, and i dont want to do the 52" swap

[/ QUOTE ] 6" Suspension lift and 2" body lift. Or you could always just /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif the fenders. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. 86chevybanshee

i have 8 in the back, when i bought the truck it had a 4 inch in it, then i did the shackle flip, and i like the 8, now im just looking to get 8 in the front.

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

8" BDS springs which are pretty soft or 6" BDS springs, zero rates, and extended shackles.

5. 86chevybanshee

if i put extended shackels wont it f up the pinion angle?

6. Highjaxx

Highjaxx 1/2 ton status

If the shackles mess up the pinion angle you could get angled 0-rates. Tapered(speling??? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif)

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

The body lift may not be a bad idea either, I kinda wish I had done one, and as it sounds like this is the beginning of the build it may the best time. I haven't done one, but plenty have and it makes room for drivetrain upgrades later.

4" springs+2" body+1" shackles+1" 0-rates=8" front

but

it will also give you 10" in the back, so you could put 2" lift springs in the back and jam

lots of options, lots of opinions /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Oh ya, then cut the fenders, and put on 42's

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    if i put extended shackels wont it f up the pinion angle?

[/ QUOTE ] with 8 inches of suspension lift you will need new drivelines anyway so that could be addressed at the same time. Also the tapered zero rates would work like mentioned above.

8. 86chevybanshee

hmm. maybe i will put 2 inch blocks in the back and do 6 inch fronts and get a 2 inch body lift. but as u sed if i do 8 inch suspension i will need to extend my drive shafts right? well the back one fits fine but the front is what i have to worry about. but i have an sm465\205 im about to swap in and im wondering if the front driveshaft from the truck now 700r4/208 will be long enough?