Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front spring swap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by warreclipsegst, Nov 30, 2005.

1. warreclipsegst

warreclipsegst Registered Member

A quick question on an idea I had in the middle of the night. Haven't researched it at all yet but will be. I have a 77 K5 Blazer that I am planning on lifting. I like doing things differently and had the idea of possible swapping out the front leafs with those from a 72 International Scout II. Both vehicles have the Dana 44 front axel and the Scouts springs are curved like a lift spring b/c they are an under axel setup. If I put these on the top (like stock Chevy setup) of my axel I should get some lift? don't know if they are the same length or width yet or anything on spring rate for that matter. Has anyone tried something like this? these springs should support the Blazer fine seeing as we had a SBC in the IH and it's the same SBC in the Blazer.

2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Keep it simple, and things will go better. With the availability of chevy springs, and the low cost, there is no reason to frankenstein the truck.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

x2.

being different out of necessity is cool... being different just for the sake of being different isn't. :thumb:

j