Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FRONT SPRINGS AND SHACKLES!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MITCH_89', Dec 18, 2000.

1. MITCH_89'

MITCH_89' Registered Member

WHEN I INSTALL MY FRONT SPRINGS, IF THE SPRING ISNT QUITE WIDE ENOUGH IN THE SHACKLE, DO I KEEP TIGHTENING THEM TILL THEY ARE TIGHT AND BEND, OR ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO MOVE FREELY?

BLAZE IT UP!!

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Hmmm, I would start off by tightning to the torque setting for that mount. If it still has the side to side slop then something is not right. Call whom ever sold you the parts and confirm part # and or make and modle. Something doesn't seam right............
    Good Luck

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com

3. MITCH_89'

MITCH_89' Registered Member

THAT WAS THE CASE WHEN I INSTALLED MY 3" TOUGH COUNTRY KIT. I SNUGGED THEM UP PRETTY TIGHT, BUT IN ORDER TO GET THEM THERE, THE SHACKLES ACTUALLY STARTED TO BEND. DIDNT SEEM QUITE RIGHT. I WONDER IF THEY SENT ME SPRING FOR A TRUCK INSTEAD OF A BLAZER, ALTHOUGH I CANT SEE ANY DIFFERENCE. BUT IF THEY ARE THE SAME, WHY DO THEY LIST BOTH???JUST SOME THOUGHTS

BLAZE IT UP!!

4. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I was always told to tighten them to the point in which the bushings just start to be squeezed, any tighter will make the bushings bind and can hamper the springs from flexing.