Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FRONT SPRINGS SYMETRICAL?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by RUSS84K5, Jan 9, 2001.

1. RUSS84K5

RUSS84K5 1/2 ton status

ARE THE FRONT SPRINGS SYMETRICAL FRONT TO BACK, THAT IS, IS THE CENTER BOLT/DOWL THE SAME DISTANCE FROM THE FRONT BUSHING EYE AS IT IS FROM THE REAR BUSHING EYE?

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Factory springs are, mine are offset 1" to the front so the tires clear the fenders a little better.

[​IMG]
    SW-ORD

4. RUSS84K5

RUSS84K5 1/2 ton status

Stephen thanks, I knew i wasn't nuts. what is the height of your front spring pack at the center bolt, and how fare is it from the top of the pack to the bottom of your frame. And one last thing, do your front springs use the ORD 1" add-a-leaf already? Thanks again, Russ

5. Stephen

I measure front ride height from the axle tube to the bumpstop mounting bracket. Those seem to be two pretty absolute points to compare. My k5 sits at 14" for the above measurement, give or take a little for sitting on a hill, etc. That's with the D60 in there. with the 10 bolt, it was more like 13.25 or 13.5". I figure a 4" lift to be about 12.5".
    They don't have the 1" leaf under them. The spring pack is kind of it's own block, the thing is 2 5/8" thick!

[​IMG]
    SW-ORD

6. RUSS84K5

RUSS84K5 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the dimentions. I'm going to be putting the Ford Dana 60 in this spring. I'll be looking to use your style front springs. Hope you have enough requests to make it woth while to produce some. How is your truck set up now? Awhile ago you told be you had symilar ideas about a high pinion front. I ask because you said in your reply that you have a 60 up front now.
    Always a plesure Stephen.

Russ V

7. Stephen

We have a 60 in it now just to have something to drive on but the plan is to do a high pinion. If not, it's still pretty nice.

[​IMG]
    SW-ORD