Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front SPrings

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FL84K5, May 5, 2002.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Is there a place that will sell you front 6 inch springs with ubolts and shims only? I don't need the rear as I will be going with a shackle flip and 2 inch leaf in the back

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

But you still need the steering parts and brake lines for the front as well as shocks for all 4 corners.

Youd prob be just as well off to get a 6 in kit w/ rear blocks, then find someone to trade blocks w/, or get the blocks and U bolts separarately. Or toss it all together w/ the blocks and put in the flip later. Blocks are not as bad as some make them out to be, *when used in moderation* and never in the front! To get real hard core, yeah get the rear done but for getting going and basics they will work fine. Trust me I have had blocks on 2 of my 3 rigs. I had problems on my last one but that was due to the blocks being 8 in. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif and the rig had like 450 lbs of torque. I was younger than you when I built it and I didnt know any better.

3. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I've already got a list of all the steering stuff I will need, the exetended brake lines, rear springs, and shackleflip, I just need to find a place that will sell 6 inch front springs with u bolts and shims seperatly from the complete kit.

4. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I've used BDS on a couple of trucks now and love them. And where I get them I can order anything I want. I would assume any BDS dealer can due the same. I ordered just a pair of 6 inch front springs and requested no bushings since I was using ORD greaseables. They said no problem, and they arrived just as I wanted them.

5. Pure Insanity

Tampa Spring makes springs and Ubolts. I havent been down there in a LOOOONG time but its not too far. Its on the north side of Tampa. Dont know if that will work for you or not but its a lead. In fact, do you know the kid Noah that had the huge yellow Yota on 44 Boggers at PHS? That truck was built by a good friend of mine and he had the springs made by Tampa Spring.

6. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Yep, I know the truvk you are talking about. That thing is crazy. Do you know what gears it is running? I'll check out tampa spring and see how much 6" front springs will cost.

7. Pure Insanity

I used to know but I forgot what it was. There was talk at one point of 7.17s. But he built 12 bolts for it I think, and the 7.17s would have been if he went D60s.

The guy that built it started on another right away and is almost done w/ it. Its bigger!

I guess Noah blew it up and sold it to someone else that has since fixed it. I dont know who he is tho.

Give Tampa Spring a call. I know Tony ( the guy that built that Yota) was getting those big arch springs fairly cheap. Make that REAL cheap. But the company he works for does alot of business w/ them. I think at last count they were 15-17 in. arch! They are like a giant U and have no flex at all as far as I can tell. I only rode in that truck once, and he ran like 2 lbs air pressure. Any suspension to that truck is in the tires.

Have you seen the blue late model xcab Yota on 44 Boggers? When I stand next to it the headlites are at eye level on me and I am 6' 3"! Its beyond overkill.

8. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Nope, I havnt seen the blue one. i saw Noahs last week, I think it was. Dont know if he was the one driving, he passed me when i was leaving school. Noah's truck is more than high enough for me. I can't imagine drving that thing everyday.

9. Pure Insanity

The blue one doesnt see too much road time.

Last I heard Noah sold it while it had the blown motor. That was a few weeks ago. Driving something that big is a PITA. My Jeep was close to that big. I had clearance for 44s but never got any. The pics in my webshots are before I lifted it again. I dont think Ill ever got that big again. I want 2 more inches and 39 Boggers on P.I. and Ill be happy. *I think*