Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front springs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pattsblazer, May 18, 2002.

1. pattsblazer

pattsblazer Newbie

I have an 81 Blazer and the front springs are bent. My springs have 2 leaves. I have been told the springs are supposed to have more leaves than that. Since I need to replace the springs I would like to get the correct ones or a little heavier duty to handle the 33 X 12.50 15 tires. Can anyone advise me on this? I just put in a 350 Chevy crate motor and I want to be driving soon.
    Thanks

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My 89 blazer was factory when I purchased it and the front springs only had 2 springs in the pack and they were a reverse arch.

3. 91K5

91K5 1/2 ton status

My 91 has 2 leafs on the front and they're basically flat, maybe a little bit of reverse arch.

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Same here.

Technically speaking however, you dont need to get heavy duty springs to handle larger tires. (someone correct me if im mistaken). This is due to the design of of the axle being under the spring, rather than above the spring, resulting in the same pre-loaded weight (everything above the spring). You do however, change the unsprung weight.. .