Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front springs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84K5BD, Nov 1, 2003.

1. 84K5BD

84K5BD 1/2 ton status

i am going to start to do a swap to the front of my k5, what i need to find out is the measurements of a couple of springs.
    56 in chevy springs,front eye to pin and rear eye to pin
    57 in ford springs, front eye to pin and rear eye to pin
    i know i can fit 52's but i want to try something a little different. what i am toying with also is running 63's like in the rear but i don't know yet. i looking to see how far i go with leafs. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif any idea's /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

might be a stupid answer but i thought that was the measurements from eye to eye, 52,56,57

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

He isn't asking about the distance from eye to eye. He's asking the distance to the centering pin from the front and rear eyes.

I don't know the numbers but I do know that the pin to front eye distance is the same on 52s and 56s. Hopefully someone else will have a better answer for you soon. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

if oyu use ford leaf packs then you have to drill a new center pin hole through all the leaves in order to use under a chevy gmc