Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Stabilizer 69 Chevy Blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Jul 8, 2000.

Need to find info on a front stabilizer that came on my 69 Chevy Blazer. Would appreciate any info or a picture of one installed. Craig Hager from tech1@chevyduty.com said this would be the place to get the info I needed, also that it came on the 73 and later models, not on the 67-72 blazers. This 69 Blazer came with a front stabilizer. Is it or is it not supposed to be there, as the trouble I'm having is with the front end, [the passenger side wheel sticks out 3in farther than it is supposed to, and makes noise that you wouldn't beleive.] This is my first project vehicle and I want it to be right. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Chyanne2

1. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I very srongly suggest posting this in the 4x4blazer/jimmy forum, it would get about 5 times more replies there then here.

Chevy4x4 http://4x4.coloradok5.com
    Duckt tape, the only tool you need

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I agree, and go ahead and sign up to be a member.

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

It doesn't seem to me that the stabilizer would have much of an effect on one tire sticking out 3" farther than the other. I think you have other problems. Anyone could have added a stabilzer, often to cover up worn steering components, during the Blazer's lifetime. I would check the frame, spring pads etc. The next thing is to become a K5 member and post in the correct places.......for better help.

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

4. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

You can post annonymously? My spelling bites.

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>