Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front stainless brake lines too long

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by anthony stark, Jul 24, 2004.

1. anthony stark

anthony stark Registered Member

I installed an 4" EZ ride supension, and today I am installing the brake lines but they seem way too long. There was no instructions that came with them and Supension Connection, where I bought them, is closed. They are 26" lont tip to tip - old brake lines are 20". Also how do they bolt to the calipers (is the brake line virtical or horizontal)? I need help today thanks

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

If I remember correctly you're supposed to zip tie to the shock body with the excess. Not doubled over or anythin just make it look good and kink free. I never felt the need to do it and have been proven right after 20,000 some odd miles.

3. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

You can bolt them up either way.. it's best to flex the axle and see which way they'd best be placed... If you flex it and there is still a lot of line left then you can place them horizontal to trake up some slack.. I have a 4" lift and placed mine horizontal and then loosley zipped tied them to the shocks to keep them out of the way of the tire...

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

that isn't too long, too short for me personally. I have 4" lift and got lines for an 8" lift, wish I got a little longer. Suspension will flex if you offroad and using brake lines as limiting straps is NOT a good thing.

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

My 4" on my burb uses the 6" pro comp lines and they are perfect, not zip tied out of the way or anything. My wagon has the lines off a 12" lift (i have about 7")and I had to move the frame mount to get more out of them. I pointed them out the bottom of the frame rail so they are away from the shock and tires.

6. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

I put mine pointing up comming off the caliper then held it back with a really soft spring from OSH

[​IMG]

7. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

I like the spring idea, that's really smart.

-Chris