Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front suspension k5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Justin Fleming, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Justin Fleming

Justin Fleming 1/2 ton status Premium Member

well the k5 truck I got is equiped with the dual front shocks per side from the factory. It appears someone has replace them not to long ago. I took the truck out for the maiden voyage today and I was getting some harsh clunking in the front. I finally noticed that the shock bolt is the clunking noise. The bolt is tight but it seem they must have not put the hardware together correctly. The bolt is completly tight to the last thread but it appear the bolt is shouldered. I think some spacer is missing or something. The problem is I cant seem to get the bolt out. I dont know if it is cause of the uneven pressure from both shocks or what the deal is.

2. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

probably just frozen in place...spray it down real good with some pb blaster or similar penetrant and let it soak overnight at least.

3. uglyangelracing

uglyangelracing 1/2 ton status

Maybe the PO cross threaded the bolt and couldnt get it in any farther

4. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

I had some bad clunking noise in the front that I thought was a shock too. It was the body mount just behind the passenger shackle.