Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Suspension Options

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by msb350, Jul 21, 2005.

1. msb350

msb350 Registered Member

I am finally getting rid of my worthless add-a-leaf suspension. I want to stay around 3-4 inches of lift. My plan is to do a 4 in shackle flip in the rear but I am debating if I should do 3 or 4 inch tuff country springs in the font. I want this thing to sit close to level as possible. Thanks.

Matt

2. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Search. There was a thread sometime back where most of the spring p/n's were listed. I highly recommend the springs I supplied the p/n for. No, I don't recall what the number is. It is a Rancho spring but you will NOT find it in their applications, only in their numeric listing. They refer to it as their K5 "Pre-runner" spring. The numeric listing gives the spring rate and it is far lower than any of their other K5 springs and may be the lowest of any K5 springs. Might not be a good choice if a heavy front bumper and/or winch are in the plans.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I'd recommend 4" springs up front. JDsoffroad.com has BDS ones cheap and they have a lifetime no questions asked "you break it we replace it" guarentee...

j

4. gaspass

gaspass 1/2 ton status

I'm in the same situation. I called the folks at ORD and they said Tuff Country has a 3 inch spring that would work with their 4 inch rear shackle flip to help my 1st Gen. sit level and clear 33's.