Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Suspension Options???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tsquared275, Mar 22, 2006.

1. tsquared275

tsquared275 Registered Member

I have an 84 blazer with stock springs, and the rears are in good shape, but the front springs have about a 2" sag (in another-words, they make more of a "n" shape and not a "u" shape like they're supposed to be, if that makes sense) I was either considering a 2" add-a-leaf, 2" springs, or just replacement stock springs. I need to clear 33" tires, and have a level looking height, not have it look like what a dragster looks like when it launches. Should I just go with a full 2" lift? I am on quite a tight budget. What should I do??? Thanks for any help or advice.

2. lifted76k5

lifted76k5 Registered Member

if your springs are stock then thay are sposed to have a negative arch.("n" shape) one of my trucks had a rear overload under the front spring pack when i bought it, raised the front 2in but the ride was ****. i would save and get a 2in lift, replacement springs front and blocks rear will only cost 200.00 or less.

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

get some 2" springs and a 2" schakle flip for the rear. good ride, the height you want and not too much money, all youll need to add is shocks.

4. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

this is the route i want to go with the 77

you can totally clear the 33" (i assume 12.5" wide) as is if you trim the bottom of the opening of the fenders, thats what i had to do to stop the rubbing on compression turns, with stock springs and everything that is has

good luck