Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front suspension

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by st08x, Nov 11, 2002.

1. st08x

st08x Registered Member

ok i saw a truck with this the other day. blocks to lift the FRONT. that cant be all too safe but how unsafe is it? any tried it?

2. LlanoK5

LlanoK5 1/2 ton status

I've never done it myself, but everything that I've ever heard about it said not to. IMO it just doesn't sound real safe.

Kirk

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Not safe at all.
    On the front axle, there is excessive side to side force (because it's the steering axle.) Also, there is a lot of front and back force when braking. All of this force will eventually pop a block out. (not good!)

4. While I agree that blocks on the front are not safe, they are allso not leagl in many state. I know for a fact they are not leagl in my home state of Utah and just plain a bad idea.

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Blocks go on the back. the only "blocks" that are legal for the front are the ORD zero rates, but they are not really blocks since they are incorperated into the existing leaf pack.

If you are in a hurry to meet your maker, by all means /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

6. SubYuman

SubYuman 1/2 ton status

DON\'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TIHS!!!!

In 1985, I saw a young man go off camber and loose his 2" block on the low side, rolling down 200 feet of 40 percent grade. He rolled at least 8 times and was killed, but only after 3 weeks in intensive care.
    Short of welding them to the spring pad and spring, there is no wat to keep them secure.....

7. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Re: DON\'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TIHS!!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Safty first, my Coloradok5.com brother and sisters!!

*pours out beer for the fallen*