Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Sway Bar Extensions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tori89k5, Sep 22, 2001.

1. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Haven't heard much talk on here about spacing down your front sway bar (at the frame) when doing a lift. I have a small spacer (about an inch) on my current Blazer, and it steers 10 times better than my old one with same lift, tires, and no spacer. Doesnt it make sense to space it down equal to the lift you ad ??? Just asking for some other opinions.......

1990 K5 4" lift, 33's, Raptor Tranny and Velvet Rides....

2. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

I just got a sway bar disconnect kit (BTW Thanks Iceman - great dealing with you on that!!) that should raise it up about 2 inches and I was going to come up with some sort of spacer for where it mounts to the front to space it down about an inch or so. I figure that should keep it from binding up too much.

Scot in KC, MO.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.off-road.ws/images/users/Scooter/side_right_2.jpg>Blue 87 GMC Jimmy</a>
    Red 86 Toyota 4Runner (for sale $2000 obo)

3. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Hey,...... yo Scot, whats up... hows the new Bue Blaze ?

1990 K5 4" lift, 33's, Raptor Tranny and Velvet Rides....

4. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

Hey Tori .. Long time no see ...

The Jimmy is still eating a bit of oil but not too bad now that I did the valve seals. Here in about another week I'll be lifting it 4" (got the rough country all spring kit) and putting in the axles I got from a 3/4 ton burb (10B front / 14B SF rear, 3.73's). Been working on converting them to 6 lug and putting on rear discs. I have the rear disc done but I'm waiting on a couple parts so I can finish putting the front together. Still havent decided on a locker for the rear axle yet, been looking at a lock-rite but not sure. Otherwise its holding up pretty well. Done LOTS to it already and still have a LONG way to go but its all good.

Hows yours holding up?

Scot in KC, MO.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.off-road.ws/images/users/Scooter/side_right_2.jpg>Blue 87 GMC Jimmy</a>
    Red 86 Toyota 4Runner (for sale $2000 obo)

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Might want to just go with the ORD Swaybar correction/disconnect kit. Think the kit is $80 +/-, nice unit, have it on my rig.

By the way, how do you like the Velvet Rides? Thinking about adding them to my 4" lift springs in the rear.

Thanks.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>