Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Winch/anchor points for '72

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Big Blzn, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Big Blzn

Big Blzn 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Jan 30, 2006
    I've got a '72 k5 that for several reasons is used as just a weekend driver and is unfortunately on the street about 85% of the time. I know, trailer-queen. I have nice new front and rear chrome bumpers on it but need to make/buy or whatever one or two winch points on the front in the rare case I would need to get unstuck. Do any of you have any suggestions or pictures you could show me that you have done so that the winch points are still usable but that don't stick out like a sore thumb? I thought about a hidden hitch from Classic industries and fab it to work with a fold down lic. plate frame but the 5000# rating may not be enough. I don't want to buy a winch either. I hope to not to ever have to use anything at all because most of my offroad is light trail use anyways. Any help would be appreciated.