Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front window seals frrom JC Whitney??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 87GMCJimmy, Oct 25, 2002.

1. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

I replaced the drivers front window seal and now the window will not go up without major help. It's not lining up with in the seal correctly. I'm pretty sure that I screwed up something putting it in. Has anybody used seals from JC W. with success or it this part of the problem. Are the seal from LMC better? Maybe I'll check GM part direct for prices?

Thanks
    Mike

PS. Does anybody know the gm part numbers for the window channels?

2. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem on my last truck, I found that the old original seal seemed to fit back inside the channel, the edges weren't visible when installed, the replacements from JC Whitney when installed the same way squeeze the window and make it hard to go up and down. I found the outer lip of the replacement seal fits at the edge of the window channel and the window is much easier to operate.

3. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

LMC were better for me I tried JC Whitney and had the same problem!
    Bill

4. FWP

FWP CRS

Been there, done that...Put one side JC crappy, and the other GM on my pickup---world of difference /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gifGo factory on that stuff, if you can. Well worth the extra bucks IMHO.....

5. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

It's probably the inside seal that's stopping it from going up and down. It can be bent.

If it's not, find out which seal it is. More than likely it is the one on the inside that rubs on the window.