Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FRONT ZERO-RATE INSTALL?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by CHEVY 4WD, Nov 16, 2002.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

What is there to installing a ZERO rate in the front end of a second gen not planning on relocating the axle just want the extra inch also does the 1in seem noticable? BTW theres not much to the rear either is ther?

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Really pretty easy on the front and rear, just unbolt u-bolts, lower axle, remove spring pack pin and install zero rate with new longer spring pack pin.

3. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

Really pretty easy my eye /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I put my 2nd gen. 0 rates in the rear last night in my drive way. Drop light, jack stands, hand tools. A little over 4 hours start to finnish. My rewards are 1.5 in longer wheelbase, back, hands, forearms & back and legs are toast /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I WILL be getting air tools /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif But wrenching in the driveway is part of the fun... So cal weather is great, started at about 6:00 pm- finnished at about 10:00 pm-Shorts & t-shirt /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Jim

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Put some on the rear of mine and it only took me about an hour. Must of been a good day for me then /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif