Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

frontend shakes like a mofo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ilikeitloud, Mar 7, 2004.

1. ilikeitloud

ilikeitloud 1/2 ton status

hello, i just installed a GM 3/4ton 10bolt under the front and now at speeds above 30 the front end shakes like hell. i stuck my head out the window and notice my tires shaking left to right. and i also have a ton of play in the steering?whats goin on here? i have a 6in suspension lift with a new steering arm btw...

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

you have the classic death wobble /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif do a search on death wobble and you find out more info /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Check the frame where the Steering box bolts to and check for cracks, Also jack up the truck and check for bad tie rod ends or other Steering related parts.

4. ilikeitloud

ilikeitloud 1/2 ton status

checked the steering box thats fine.. but i took off the tire and the whole knuckle moves up and down 3/4 of an inch so im assuming time for new ball joints.

5. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep, I would say so! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifI would change all of them.

6. 78GMC1/2TON4x4

78GMC1/2TON4x4 1/2 ton status

Or you might have to replace your wheel bearings and races.....mine was shaking like mad when i blew out bearings....above 25 MPH if recall...if thats the case, dont have to much fun /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif