Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Frontier Days Officially SUCKS

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Okay, more ranting about Cheyenne...

This time, the Frontier Days Committee...

Frontier Days is our big rodeo the last two weeks of July... There's a carnival, bull riding, other rodeo stuff, and concerts... July 25 (my birthday) has been unbooked in the evening until today. I was hoping they'd book someone good, like last year we had Static X and Staind on opening night...

Not this year... I think this year ZZ Top is opening again (insert vomiting graemlin here)... This morning in the paper there was an announcement of the July 25th performer... ......

Drum rolllll please...

Luciano Pavaratti.......................................................

a FREAKING OPERA SINGER.... at a RODEO.... He will be singing outside... on two flatbed trailers put together with a bunch of lights and speakers on them... in a dirt arena... an arena where there is a standing room only area and beer being sold everywhere you look.

I'm all fine with booking opera people to come to Cheyenne... But for the love of God, have them play the civic center auditorium downtown, not the friggin RODEO.... What are these people going to come up with next?!?!?!?!

2. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Okay, more ranting about Cheyenne...

This time, the Frontier Days Committee...

Frontier Days is our big rodeo the last two weeks of July... There's a carnival, bull riding, other rodeo stuff, and concerts... July 25 (my birthday) has been unbooked in the evening until today. I was hoping they'd book someone good, like last year we had Static X and Staind on opening night...

Not this year... I think this year ZZ Top is opening again (insert vomiting graemlin here)... This morning in the paper there was an announcement of the July 25th performer... ......

Drum rolllll please...

Luciano Pavaratti.......................................................

a FREAKING OPERA SINGER.... at a RODEO.... He will be singing outside... on two flatbed trailers put together with a bunch of lights and speakers on them... in a dirt arena... an arena where there is a standing room only area and beer being sold everywhere you look.

I'm all fine with booking opera people to come to Cheyenne... But for the love of God, have them play the civic center auditorium downtown, not the friggin RODEO.... What are these people going to come up with next?!?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey now, ZZ Top is awesome. Sounds like your event is still better than what we have here. "Proud American Days". They have a talent show, and some crappy rides. thats it. I wish ZZ Top would play a show here.

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Come out here to cowboy land /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif If you like Kenny Chesney, Uncle Kracker, George Strait, and some other guys I don't know this is a good place to see em /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Last year was awesome... Static X, Staind, Lo Pro, Alan Jackson... Of course George Strait... Grew up in Cheyenne and went to my rival high school (back when I was in HS that is), so he's required to play every year /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

You sir are a communist heathen. I'd just about kill to be able to go to Frontier Days.

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Well damn, I think it's time to have a good old fashioned hanging of the local newspaper's editor... It appears that all the news on the front page is some sort of "joke" /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Damn I hate this town... I oughta submit a letter to the editor, this is a serious outrage... Those newspaper people think they're all cute and funny, but THEY, Bubba Ray, are the communist heathens. I say kill em all... anyone have access to a car bomb? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

You hate cowboys, you hate country music and you hate freedom of speech. Damn boy, you sure do need an exorcism from all those communist spirits that inhabit your wretched soul.

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I was in Cheyenne some years back during Frontier Days. My Harley crapped out on me a few miles outside of town. All the hotels were booked but a WHP unit took pity on me and called around. Found me some dive hotel right across the highway from Maverick H-D. Went into the bar in the parking lot and almost got into a brawl with some drunk indians. Then headed just down the road to a restaurant (I'm thinking it was "Shari's") for some seriously greasy stick to your ribs food. By the way, ZZ Top is the shiZZnit!.

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Damn you really are a cityslicker! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif ZZtop f-uckin rules! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

YAY CHEYENNE!

All my family lives there!

My cousin works at Shari's

If you ever go to towen, look up Joe Harmon, tell him shane wager sent ya, you'll probably leave with a truck or some tools.

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Who's your cousin? I go to Shari's at least once a month... not bad prime rib for the price /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Gimme a truck... gimme gimme gimme /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There's two Joe Harmon's in the phone book btw /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

11. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

My cousin is named Robert Bowen, he works at the one that's kind of in a strip mall type place with a Big Lot's nearby and some kind of Farm Supply place

Get $750 together and go talk to Joe, he's got a LWB 3/4 ton with a winch on it!

His number is the one ending in 8559. He ownes one or two trailer parks/cheap housing plots. He's worth over a million dollars! Still drives a beat rusty S10.

My cousin is a pretty cool guy too

12. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Carl
    Consider this your offical invitation to come here to Elko Nv for Cowboy Poetry week. A whole week of everything you love the most. If you are lucky you might even be able to see Michal Martin Murphy and hear him sing "Wildfire" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Desert Rat

Elko has a Harley run too I believe. Aaah, Elko... I pass through there on the way to my uncle's ranch out in Ruby Valley.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    You sir are a communist heathen. I'd just about kill to be able to go to Frontier Days.

[/ QUOTE ]Damn, don't take much to please some people now does it. But then again here in western SD, we have rodeo's like every month, and every goat roaping country music person playing one place or anouther in the area. PUKE !!!! I had to go 400 miles for a good concert, (Metallica and Godsmack).

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    You hate cowboys, you hate country music and you hate freedom of speech. Damn boy, you sure do need an exorcism from all those communist spirits that inhabit your wretched soul.

[/ QUOTE ]How do you figure someone hates freedom of speech just becouse they don't like country music ??? All the coyboy stuff go's hand in hand with the country music. It's no secreat that I can't stand country, but I belive in freedom of speech. You're just a closed minded POSMF to anyone who doesn't agree with your point of view. Ol'boy is a communist becouse he doesn't like country ??? And you like to call people ignorent. Anytime someone doesn't agree with you, they gotta be one disrespectfull thing or anouther. You put me on your ignor list becouse I wouldn't agree with your backwater point of view. I truely hope someone quotes this so you can see it. My intention is to make you think. You want everyone to think your so smart, try being so for once.

16. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well damn, I think it's time to have a good old fashioned hanging of the local newspaper's editor... It appears that all the news on the front page is some sort of "joke"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Bubba was joking about this, at least that what it seemed like to me /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

17. Desert Rat

[ QUOTE ]
    My intention is to make you think

[/ QUOTE ] You do do that Z3PR. Deciphering your spelling makes my brain hurt. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    My intention is to make you think

[/ QUOTE ] You do do that Z3PR. Deciphering your spelling makes my brain hurt. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Or wondering why he would direct comments towards someone who has him on the ignore list.

All I can say is lighten up Francis.

19. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Hey Nancy, why dont you get off the soapbox, pack up all your sh!t, and move here to chicago...You'd fit right in. And while you're at it, get me a couple tickets back to Texas...You can keep your cramped up city life and screwed up, metal banging, rice car driving, black clothes wearing, [darn] up people to yourself! And pay 3 times as much in housing, taxes, and entertainment for that lovely "privledge".

Move out of the country to the city...that's just what the country folk want. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

20. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Chicago's too big, I've been there /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I like small towns and all... just not this small town... I think Ft. Collins is about as big as I'd like... it's not huge... it's not small either... plus wherever you are in town you're no more than 20 minutes from some GOOD wheeling and camping or hiking or mountain biking /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif