Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FRONTLINE flea control question??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, Nov 29, 2006.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

you guys recomended it and it works great.its been a month since GOTTIE THE DESTROYER had his first treatment.we have had a few frosts and i know the fleas are dead.so i've been waiting to give him the next treatment.save it for next year i says,anyway he is itching again.the wife did her dog within a day or two and he is doing the same thing. we are in different houses,and i know the stuff poisons the skin.does it work like novicane at the dentist?they both seem to be comming off something.i'm not gonna waste the other treatments when i know the fleas are gone but i don't want him itchy either.has anyone dealt with this?

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Fleas should be gone for the year unless you have some inside maybe they just have dry skin from the weather change...

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Other things that can cause dry itchy skin on dogs is.............
    Dry food with lots of carbohydrates.
    Some shampoos.
    Inside dogs exposed to dry air from heating sources.

I would recommend giving GTD some raw eggs mixed in his food now and then and make sure he gets meat in his diet. Also get some vitamin E from your vet, yes they have vitamins for pets.

4. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

My little pitbull has a problem with dry/itchy skin. I put a couple of teaspoons of olive oil in her food and it seems to help.

5. boggerless

thats what i thought at first.but my rotts lived here also with no problems.same furnace and all???

6. boggerless

GTD gets the best food and has people food for snacks.numb nuts just had a steak with his dinner,i'm tellin ya Corey. his skin needs it.:laugh:

7. boggerless

i'm tellin ya Cheryle its the frontline.i;m gonna do an experiment this weekend,i'm gonna give him the frontline and if he quits itching thats what it is.and if he starts again 30 days from now i think we have an answer.:laugh: you use frontline don't you??maybe i need to re think this if you do.:rolleyes: POOP

8. PsRumors

PsRumors 1/2 ton status

Put some Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 teaspoon per quart, of water. The dogs wont taste it and a couple weeks flees wont touch them. It will even brighten their coats.

If you want them gone fast spray the dog down with the vinegar....let it soak 5 min and bathe.

9. boggerless

thanks bro:D

10. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

Will that work for ticks too?

11. PsRumors

PsRumors 1/2 ton status

I have heard it does. We started using it with a pregnant dog that had some fleas. It cleared the fleas up. Don't have first hand knowledge with the ticks other than we never have ticks.

12. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Fortunately, I haven't had to use any flea killin stuff this year, but when I do, it's Advantage.

Will be curious to see how your experiment goes... hope Gottie feels better soon :)

13. boggerless

OK Cheryle,i re applied the stuff at 6 PM today.12-3-06.lets see what happens.does Advantage go on the same way? squeezing it between the shoulder blades?i paid $50.00 for three monthes worth. how about cost?GTD never had fleas till the wife brought her dog over.:rolleyes: the house she is renting had em.she told me tonight that Caper(the Boston Terrier i got her for her birthday) had one the other day. well now i have to watch numbnuts for a few hours to make sure he doesn't rub his back on stuff trying to wipe it off.:doah: :haha:

14. boggerless

i think my experiment might be me.i think i got some on my lip and in my mouth???my face feels a lttle weird.:eek1: