Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by purple76pearl, Mar 6, 2003.

1. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

i have been on here for a couple months, and had many questions, thinking this would be a good place to find answeres, tried to trade and sell even buy a few parts, but with my effort i have had no luck, other then a few select people that i chat with, and they are alot of help, but out of all the people that are on here, you woudl think id have more freinds then the 3 or 4 i have met, and more people would be willin to help me with my questions, i know its only a 25 dollar membership, and maybe it should be more, hell id even pay more, if i could get a lil more help, i have been building this blazer for 8 months now, and knew just as much when i started as i do now, i have had no help what so ever, i dont understand why this is? makes me wonder if its worth being a member, im not trying to bitch and complain like a lil child, but this is crazy, i get no response to my question, and when i do, its never any help, im very frustrated with this club /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

OK,
    YES I WAS FRUSTRATED, AND YES I WAS VERY UPSET/MAD
    I HAVE BEEN KINDA SILENT THE LAST FEW DAYS, READING POST, AND MORE OF LESS SEEING HOW PEOPLE ACT AND TALK.
    I WAS WRONG TO SAY WHAT I SAID, AND WANT TO FORMALLY SAY IM SORRY
    K5 HAS HELPED ME , SEEMS MORE IN THE LAST FEW DAYS THEN BEFORE.
    BUT MAYBE I JUST DIDNT RELIZE IT TILL I POSTED
    BUT IN ANY CASE, IM SORRY
    AND REALLY APPRECIATE HOW EVRYONE TRIES TO HELP, AND I HAVE MET MORE PEOPLE THIS WEEK THEN THE FEW MONTHS BEFORE
    NOT THAT THIS IS AN ECUSE, BUT AS FAR AS TYPING IN ONE BIT SENTENCE, AND ALL THAT
    IM NOT REAL GOOD AT GRAHMER, ITS A FLAW OF MINE, AND I WILL WORK ON IT, BARE WITH ME PLEASE
    I HAVE NEVER BEEN REALLY GOOD AT IT, AND TO ADD TO IT IM DISLEXIC, SO I DOTN EXPRESS MY SELF THE WAY I WANT
    I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE, I HONESTLY FEEL BAD, AND CANT SAY IM SORRY ENOUGH
    THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE
    SCOTT EVANS /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    but this is crazy, i get no response to my question, and when i do, its never any help, im very frustrated with this club

[/ QUOTE ] This happens alot due to the fact that there are so many people on here now that some posts get lost pretty quickly, try TTT to the top a few times and if that doesent help try searching and doing some research, theres alot of info to be had by simply searching...Try not to get frustrated,I don't know too much but you can PM me any time and I'll try to help out, I'm in the middle of moving so if I don't get back to you real soon thats why....I'm sure others will also be more than willing to help, unless I missed something and your really an ass.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

i don't understand i looked at your post history and i could not find one that has gone unanswered. many questions i saw could be answered by doing a search. i seem like half you post where for parts wanted is the issue you don't know where to get them? this is a great place to look http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=blazer4x4&Number=601546&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

i knew jack SH!T when i first came here and i asked the usuall ? that all the newbies ask like where it get a new door or how about a cage or a snorkel. if you hang here long enough you will pick up on LOTS of stuff.

If you have a ? feel free to shoot me PM and if i don't know the answer i know i can point you to the right person

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

hmmmmmm this is a very odd post...

When I came here- I didnt have a CLUE as to what I was doing- or for that fact- even what my transfer case was...I lurked for quite a while- did a LOT of searches- asked more questions that most people...some of them pretty stupid- (do a search by my name- you'll see them)

I have had a few people act like a**holes when answering my question- or second guessing why it is Im asking....or telling me why Im doing something I shouldnt be - or shouldnt be in there mind is actually what it is.

What I have found here- is a wonderful group of people that have gone above and beyond to answer my question, repeating their answers in "idiot" terms so I can understand them, and offering more help than I could ever use. Just today- from a post I have in the wanted forum- I got a PM from another member with a link to a ebay auction for exactly what I'm looking for- at a better price, than I could find anywhere else.

I've met quite a few people from this board in person- and will soon be meeting more- as I travel 17 hours to attend a K5 crawl in North Carolina.

Im not saying your wrong- but also dont want any new members to read this and think everyone is experiencing what your experiencing

Brandy

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Scott,

It does take a while for people to get to know each other here. Sometimes it's little thing that make people want to help or not.

If posts are difficult to understand, hard to read etc etc most times I'll just go to the next post. Take the time to explain the problem clearly...add some background, try a bit of humor.

Offhand I recall seeing at least a couple posts where you were gonna sell out of frustration. We do get a percentage of K5 haters in here that want quick advice so they can unload their truck...

It's hard to say why you haven't made more friends here, but percieved attitude might be part of it.

Just some thoughts...

Rene

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Hey brother, relax and take a deep breath. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Here's my take on things:

I know it can be frustrating when you can't get an answer to a question you have(trust me, EVERYONE has had this happen to them), but on a site like this with lots of members and lots of forums, posts get passed over and knocked off the first page in a couple of hours sometimes. Don't take it personally, it's just the way it goes.

I've also noticed that you have a tendancy to write one big paragraph when you have a question. When you write posts like this, it's hard to read through all the info and some people won't bother scanning through 20 lines of writing to find the question. What I like to do is break the info down into a couple of paragraphs and then make sure my question is very obvious- maybe using the "bold" tags would help highlight your question.

I personally think you should put a little more effort into making sure your posts are easy to read. A good example is this post. It's kind of like one long sentence that's hard to follow at times. To be honest, when I come across posts written like this I usually don't bother reading them. Remember that quality questions generally garner quality responses.

BTW, I scanned through your posts and noticed that LOTS of your questions have been answered by fellow members. Take a look for yourself......

One last point- a lot of us have areas that we are more knowledgable in than others. Use me as an example- I know quite a bit about troubleshooting fuel system problems but I don't know that much about setting up carbs. I also know a lot about minor repairs and maintenance but I couldn't help you with bigger jobs, like motor swaps and such.

Maybe the day that you posted, the guys that had the answers to your questions weren't around. I've been around long enough to know who specializes in what, and if I have a question that doesn't get answered I'll often PM a member who knows the answer.

Keep your chin up, brother. You're not getting shut out. CK5 is a very friendly environment where people enjoy helping others. This post proves that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> You've been here 2 months and you're complaining that you haven't learned ANYTHING? You're either not reading the forums very much or you're already very knowledgable. I've been registered here for a few years and I still learn new stuff all the time.

I went through your post history and it seems like you got help with most of your questions. The ones that you don't get answers on are difficult to understand, such as this one. Another thing that I noticed is that on alot of your posts that you made that you did get answers on, you never post on the thread again. It's generally polite to thank the people that helped you out, maybe if you did that then they'd be more inclined to post next time. There's also usually questions that are asked of posters. If you make a post and get some replies in which people ask questions about the problem, then post up and answer them! How can you expect quality information exchange without putting in a little effort? I know that I could post on alot more threads that I normally do, the deciding factor is often that I just don't feel like posting, but if it's someone that I know appreciates the help then I'm more inclined to post. Even if I'm not alot of help it brings the thread back to the top.

As for the buying and selling thing, you can't really complain about that kind of thing, either people want to buy what you have or they don't, or you have what people want or you don't. You made a post in the wanted section about needing something to drop your e-brake cables down and I offered to give you some brackets that I made for free, and you never even replied. </font>

8. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i have been on here for a couple months, and had many questions, thinking this would be a good place to find answeres, tried to trade and sell even buy a few parts, but with my effort i have had no luck, other then a few select people that i chat with, and they are alot of help, but out of all the people that are on here, you woudl think id have more freinds then the 3 or 4 i have met, and more people would be willin to help me with my questions, i know its only a 25 dollar membership, and maybe it should be more, hell id even pay more, if i could get a lil more help, i have been building this blazer for 8 months now, and knew just as much when i started as i do now, i have had no help what so ever, i dont understand why this is? makes me wonder if its worth being a member, im not trying to bitch and complain like a lil child, but this is crazy, i get no response to my question, and when i do, its never any help, im very frustrated with this club /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not picking on you, but rather adding to some of the suggestions listed by the others. Your paragraph above is actually one long run-on sentence. There's not one period in any of the text. Grammatical rules of authorship are in place because it makes reading a lot easier on the reader. On first glance, I didn't have the patience to read your entire post because it is one big ramble, I just moved on to the responses. Capital letters, punctuation, and spacing will definitely help you in your quest for answers.

We do appreciate that fact that you're a paying member, and I have the utmost confidence that you'll be pleased with your purchase with the implementation of some of the member suggestions.

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Not picking on you, but rather adding to some of the suggestions listed by the others. Your paragraph above is actually one long run-on sentence. There's not one period in any of the text. Grammatical rules of authorship are in place because it makes reading a lot easier on the reader. On first glance, I didn't have the patience to read your entire post because it is one big ramble, I just moved on to the responses. Capital letters, punctuation, and spacing will definitely help you in your quest for answers.

We do appreciate that fact that you're a paying member, and I have the utmost confidence that you'll be pleased with your purchase with the implementation of some of the member suggestions.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif