Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FS: 14b drum brake assy.

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by big94gmc, Jan 10, 2005.

1. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I have a complete drum brake assembly that came off my 14b to make way for a disc brake conversion. I have everything to go with it - everything to include the backing plates, springs, shoes, drums, parking brake cables (go as far as the frame). $50 plus shipping for everything. Located in Pensacola, FL.

2. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Might get back with you. I'm going to tear the brakes apart on the K5 this weekend and I don't think it's going to be pretty inside. How do the self-adjusters look on yours?

3. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Everything is perfect.... Came off of an '87 Crew Cab I got from the Air Force. Hell, get yourself some new shoes, unbolt your **** at the flange, bolt these on, and you're good to go. Drums don't even look like they need to be turned. Lemme know. I'm going out to Hurlbert on Wednesday to put a clutch in the '94....I can load the brake stuff up and head out there. Lemme know.

4. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Gonna have to let me know, bro.... I'm headin' over tomorrow - maybe today if I can get out there in time to get the tranny out in time, but I'm still undecided on that. So it'll most likely be tomorrow morning that I head out to Hurlbert. Yea, it'll be tomorrow morning. (Don't ya just love thinking while you're typing?)

5. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I won't know if I need anything until this Sunday. I'll need to wait until after I tear the back on the K5 apart to see if there's anything that's bad. If you get an offer before I get mine torn down take it. It's a shame that I threw all of my drum parts away when I went to disc brakes on the '56....

6. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Cool.... I'll PM you my cell phone number. If ya need my stuff this weekend, call me. We can arrange something on a moments notice.

7. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

do you still want to sell this stuff ?

8. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Yes, I do. If you're interested, and Smitty doesn't get the stuff this weekend, then you're next in line. What part of VA are you located?? I go up to NoVa often....

9. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

cool , i will wait.
    i also pmed you :D