Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FS: 1987 2WD 1 Ton Burb - CHEAP

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Goober, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

<font color="red"> UPDATE : Make an offer or trade. Fishing/Camping gear, tow dolly or anything worth a few hundred bucks. He needs it out of his yard!</font>

A friend of mine is tired of messing with his Suburban.

It's a 1987 2WD 1 Ton dually Suburban with a 454cid engine.

It has the extended fenders and it's white with neeto stripes on it. All the seats are there and it's in OK shape. Body is great.

The tranny pukes fluid out the filler (rebuilt a few years ago) and he says a sensor (?) is busted so it runs a little rough.

He's asking $500/OBO and he REALLY wants it out of his yard.
    It drives but you will need to have a few spare quarts of tranny fluid if you are going far. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Clear title. Located in Renton Washington.

PM me for details, I can stop by his place and take a few pics if anyone is interested.

2. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Re: FS: 1987 2WD 1 Ton Burb

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif tow rig? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif trades?
    and did that 203 work out ok? if not I have another one here /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif dang strnger you havent stopped by in forever /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif tow rig? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif trades?
    and did that 203 work out ok? if not I have another one here /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif dang strnger you havent stopped by in forever /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I haven't even checked out that 203 yet. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif It's still sitting in the shed. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Every time we drive by your place Brady says "that's Rob's house" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

That truck would make a killer tow rig! I'm not sure if he is interested in trades, I'll ask. He may be able to use a travel trailer for his clan. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

He lives up in Fairwood (Renton) about halfway up Petrovitski. We could go check it out anytime.

I still have your empty canning jars in a box. That stuff was great! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. uglychevyZZ4

we have tons more when hes ready to eat some /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    shoot me a few pics, id trade in a minute, Id just have to beg shane to bring his trailer /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Did you get a chance to get any pics? Did he convert the front end to a dually as well?

6. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Did you get a chance to get any pics?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I'll be driving by his place tomorrow. I'll try to remember to pack a camera.

[ QUOTE ]
    Did he convert the front end to a dually as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it was already converted when he purchased it a few years ago.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

A few pics:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

Is this guy into 4 x 4s? I build cool bumpers that would be a good trade. $500 is a steal for that truck. Why is it so cheap? Is the interior decent?Body doesn't look all banged up, Whats the deal? I really want it, but wife is throwing a fit.

9. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

if he wants something worth a few hundred bucks will he take a few hundrid for it? if so il take it.

10. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    Why is it so cheap?

[/ QUOTE ]
    The tranny pukes fluid out the filler /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I been calling him all day and no answer.......

11. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

calling who? the guy with the truck or goober? I just know i want the truck I could defenatly use it thats for sure.

12. uglychevyZZ4

I been calling him on the truck since this morning, no answer...

13. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

are you trying to get the thing or what i got $ do you?

14. uglychevyZZ4

of course /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif i dont shop broke. I want some misc. parts off it then the rest is yours /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif maybe we should just split it /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

well pm me what parts you are looking for and maybe we can work something out.but i would really like to keep it whole more than anything and use it as a tow rig at least after i put some work into it.
    Rick

16. uglychevyZZ4

were all assed out, Kenny got it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    were all assed out, Kenny got it

[/ QUOTE ]

Kenny is quick! You gotta be fast to beat him /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

18. uglychevyZZ4

yep, i had first dibs 3 weeks ago but didnt know it had tint cuz i didnt have pics to look at, thats all i wanted was the tinted glass /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

19. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

ya i talked to the guy today and he said kenny got it..... so kenny you parting it out or going to use it?

20. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

No, not parting it out. I have a friend that was planning on building a burb like this but this one is already done and just needs a little work so I'm helping him get it.