Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FS: 77 Jimmy in Atlanta GA

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by 77Jimmy, Apr 25, 2004.

1. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Hi All.

Been a long while since I posted up...life got real busy. Anyway, I have decided to sell my Jimmy...not enough time and money to do the stuff I want to do to it. I have had it for about 2 years now, have put less than 2,000 miles on it since I've had it, and have driven it once a month. It’s basically bone stock, nothing fancy, but it’s been garage kept the entire time I’ve owned it (while my Ford F-150 parks outside). I think it would be a great place to start for someone wanting to build it up.

I’m asking $1500 it. Here are the details, some stuff I’m including in the sale, and some history/descriptions.

[​IMG]

Details
    -- 1977 GMC Jimmy
    -- Approx 135k total vehicle miles (odometer says 165k ish b/c when I first got it, I took apart the dash to get at the 4wd lights, started tinkering w/ the odometer to see how it worked and ended up breaking the 10,000 th’s digit, so it will now forever say X6X,XXX...true story)
    -- Approx 20-30k miles on rebuilt 350 (new plugs in engine, engine timing could be freshened up)
    -- th350 tranny (shifts great)
    -- np203 tcase (part-time; I engaged it every time I drove it to keep things lubricated)
    -- 35x12.5x15 Futura Dakota tires on stock rally wheels w/ new lug nuts, approx 3k miles on tires
    -- D44f, 12b rear w/ 3.08s
    -- New bearings, races and seals in the front wheels
    -- New diff fluid and diff cover on the rear axle (everything looked good in there, no chips in the teeth); never opened up the front diff, but could probably use some new seals
    -- used Kayline snap style soft top (great shape; you’ll get the original white hard top as well, no sliders)
    -- new Hayden stack plate tranny cooler
    -- new Hayden tranny temp guage and plug installed in tranny pan
    -- new SunPro tachometer

Also including in the sale
    -- 4 used BF Goodrich Trail T/A 31x10.5x15 tires and wheels w/ approx 10-20% tread left (were on it when I bought it; also including the knockoff spare tire and wheel)
    -- 4 used Trailmaster SSV shocks and 1 steering stabilizer (just never got around to installing them)
    -- New in box Actron timing light
    -- 2 3-ton jack stands
    -- 1 3-ton jack
    -- 1 membership to CK5

Other info
    -- some rust repair in the doors (prior to me) as you can seen in the pics
    -- tub and rockers are in great shape, very very little rust.
    -- the paint on the hood is shot and the front lip of the hood is rusted out pretty good (I think the prior owner parked it under a pine tree. I’d suggest going to a yard and finding a replacement hood).
    -- the front seats are in good shape considering the age, and the back seat is in great shape.
    -- I ripped out all the carpet (except in the front).
    -- the inside rear panels are in decent shape but some of the small screws are missing, so I’d probably just rip them out and create your own panels.
    -- there is a very small leak in the seal in the tranny shifter (see pics in my gallery).
    -- Also, there were no leaks around the tranny pan prior to me removing it the first time so I could change the fluid/filter and put in the tranny temp plug. I ended up having to get a new tranny pan and have not been successful in getting it to seal 100%, so it leaks a little around the pan.

I’ll update this post w/ pics asap, but here is a link to my gallery in the meantime.

My Gallery

If you have questions and/or if you would like me to take any additional/particular pics, let me know at kstraw@comcast.net or just send me a pm. Of course, if you’re in the area you are welcome to stop by and have a look.

Hope everyone is gearing up for another summer!
    Kris

2. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

3. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status