Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FS/FT 87 SWB 2wd (Pa)

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by norville, Aug 23, 2006.

1. norville

norville 1/2 ton status

A stones throw from Pargon Mountaintop Pa
    For Sale/trade 87 chevy SWB 2wd 4.3 700r w/mild drop. Inspected till 11/06 with emmisions. I know we're k5 guy's but I thought I give it a shot.

The body:

The body is very straight newer paint all the work was done by PO. It was orig.
    black it's metallic silver now. there are two good scratches on the bed , the cab corners look
    like replacement but the rest is scary solid for the north east. Rockers are great I cannot tell if they were replaced, there
    is some small rust under the paint at the door bottoms/corner and the lowest lip of the sheet metal, but the rest looks good. the bed is a 90% rust free?!?! The only
    issues are the rear most bed support endcap piece is rusting and the 2nd rear support is cut for the drop. The bed does show scars from use, but
    a quick coat of paint or bedliner would cure that.

The engine:

It's a 4.3 v6 tbi. it has headers, no smog pump, a new cat and newer exhaust(was new 2 yrs ago) don't be fooled by the only a V6 this has
    enough power for most needs. It's great for tooling around with great gas milage. I run 2000rpm @ 70-75. Around town I usually
    run it in drive. It will sometime aftersitting a day or two puff some smoke at startup but instantly clears and it doesnot burn oil.
    this would be an easy V8 swap tbi is all there. The tranny pulls strong all day long.

Chassis:

the truck is dropped ~2 in front and ~3 in the rear. The front coils were cut one coil. The rear has a dmj? shackle and hanger drop.
    The rear can go another ~1", I had planned it this way for a V8 swap to level it out. I did not have the correct bushings for the rear
    hangers at the time of the drop so a set of factory ones are there. I do have poly bushings that are included. It also has drop bracket
    for the rear shocks. the tires are bfg at 235/75/15. 2 are like new 1 is 75% and one is at 60%. The E brake even works.

Interior:

This is a plane jane truck rubber floormats, A cd player a tach has been inserted in the dash. No AC or power options.
    It has a black bench seat I have it covered, it has a small tear at the seam and it's grey tweed. The dash is cracked in two spots but not to bad.

New last 10k miles:

Shocks all four corners
    lower ball joints
    rear brakes
    E brake cables
    cat converter
    AIC
    plugs/ wires/cap/rotor.
    O2 sensor.
    belts
    alignment

I have no issues in driving this anywhere. Lately I've had it on two + 200mile trips. Actually, I drive it
    more often than not with the price of gas like it is. I'm probably missing something or overlooked an item.

I'm asking $1800
    Trades -- you'd have to come to me , Any pre 72 chevy would be concidered, but I’m looking for either a pre 72 blazer or pre 66 chevy or any pickup for that matter ford/dodge/other? 2wd or 4wd. Looking for a driver or near driver. I don't care about paint but a solid project. Or needs a motor, work with me equal value or I might
    even have + 2K for the right truck. I can get more pics just ask. If we're doing a swap I can meet 1/2 with in reason. I'm located 2 mile from I81 18707 PA.

thanks

bob

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  2. dpmalibu

dpmalibu 1/2 ton status

I have seen this truck in person. It is CLEAN!!!!!!

3. norville

norville 1/2 ton status

I've lowered the price and I'm keeping the tannau cover and the extra wheels.

$2700
    bob

4. norville

norville 1/2 ton status

$2300 anybody????

5. norville

norville 1/2 ton status

bob