Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FS: Old Green Truck

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by Goober, May 3, 2004.

1. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Located in Bothell, Washington.

My Brother-in-Law has decided to sell his daily driver. This 1954 Chevy is stock ...... bone stock. Restored from top to bottom it still has the 6-volt electrical system, the 235 inline six (first year offered), new wood in the bed and it even has the original tube radio (rebuilt with new tubes, works great). The only things not original on this truck are the leather seat and the passenger side tail light (truck came from the dealer with a single rear light).

I've driven this truck many times over the past few years and it's a blast to drive. This truck has been driven to work daily for at least the last 5 years and it has been meticulously maintained.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The entire truck is in EXCELLENT shape and is very reliable.

I have lot's of pics if anyone is interested.

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. BigRed89

BigRed89 1/2 ton status

Could you possibly post a price. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif My dad has been looking for one of these. Thanks.

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

man that is sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Could you possibly post a price. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif My dad has been looking for one of these. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over the years I've heard him talk about the value of this truck but I really don't know what he wants to sell it for. I would guess that it's more than 5K but less than 20K. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Have your dad (or you) give him a call. He's a pretty laid back guy and I'm sure he would offer a great deal. To be honest, I think he is more concerned that his baby goes to a good home. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. BigRed89

BigRed89 1/2 ton status

Sounds good. I'll pass the number along so my dad can give him a call. Thanks!

6. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

[ QUOTE ]
    To be honest, I think he is more concerned that his baby goes to a good home

[/ QUOTE ]

So your saying you wouldn't sell it to me /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

j/k I have my attitude about blazers because I know it can easily be repaired, I could never own a real nice truck like that, it would break my heart if anything happened to it if it was mine.

That truly is a beautiful pickup, I hope it goes to a loving home /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

instead of carfax they should have newowner-fax reports /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    man that is sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a sweet truck, saw it in person a few times and it is very very nice. When he said it was a daily driver I was shocked /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif It doesn't look it at all!!! Looks like something that is driven only on Sundays to church /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Would be a great truck for a collector /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. biobry

biobry Registered Member

What a Sweetie! I had a '51 a few years ago...in the early 80's. Vaccuum wipers are a hoot! Ahh, I sure do miss her now...my daughter, 2 years old at the time, called it the Panda truck...(black with white roof)...Sigh