Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FS or Trade - '85 Chevy CUCV M1008 1-1/4 ton 4x4 - NC

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by grape ape, Mar 22, 2005.

1. grape ape

grape ape Registered Member

Jul 30, 2004
    This is the 2nd vehicle I've gotten most of the way complete when life happens, and I won't get to wheel this one either, but it's gotta go.

Picture of truck in stock condition:
    Original grill guard is not available for sale.

Link to updated pictures with lift installed:

1985 CUCV with 6.2L diesel motor (379ci) with th400 automatic transmission and np208 manual transfer case. About 72K miles. Front axle is a Dana 60 with 4.56 gears/open. Rear axle is a 14 bolt with 4.56 gears and a Detroit locker. 4” lift with crossover steering.

Runs good. This is a 24-volt system with 2 new batteries, using 2 alternators (which are good), one for each battery. Can be converted to standard 12 volt relatively easy. The truck has the military blackout lights, and 24 volt radio hook-ups. The paint is still the original camo colors with all markings and number plate. The rear bumper has both pintel hook and ball towing receivers. Also has tow hooks front and rear.

New steering pump, new harmonic balancer, new front main seal, new brake lines, new shocks, new mech. fuel pump, new fuel filter, 2 new batteries, two seat covers and new window weather stripping and channels on doors.

Currently the 32in. military issue Commando tires are still on the truck, with tons of tread, but it’s ready for your big tires!

There is a shackle flip in the rear, and 4” lift using 52” springs for the front. Crossover steering using WFO Concepts steering arm and drag link with the big Chevy tie-rod ends, heavy duty tie-rod, rebuilt 2WD steering box. I still have the stock suspension pieces too.

The driver's side window needs to be glued back in the lift track (keeps popping off when you roll it down). Also, the front driveshaft will need to be lengthen, or better yet, get a longer slip yoke because this thing has great flex with the custom springs.

Other parts included, but not installed:
    new door pins
    new wheel bearings, for one side (not needed at this time, just a spare)
    sliding rear glass window
    pair of fullsize Blazer bucket seats with tracks
    Spare parts: tilt steering column, hood, fenders, doors with glass, inner fenders, and radiator support (these items are off an ’82 Chevy Silverado)
    original 4wd steering box
    front leaf springs

Price Reduced: $4,500 OBO I bought it off another Pirate Board member for $4200 in stock condition.

Willing to trade for a dependable daily driver DD with more room for a family. Can be 4x4 or not, tow rig, grocery getter, SUV, mid 80's Ford e-series van, etc.... just no projects. Possibly even an enclosed trailer.

This truck is registered, insured, and inspected.

Gets around 22+/-mpg on the highway.

I am selling due to our first baby being here.

Truck is located in High Point, NC

(336) 434-6076
    email: grapeaperanger@yahoo.com