Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ft Campbell selling some military K5s soon...>>.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Neil, Sep 8, 2001.

1. Neil

Neil 1/2 ton status

Guy I talked to at tennesseeoffroad.com said he is in the Army and Ft Campbell motor pool is selling some K5s. His e-mail is mudrunner78@yahoo.com for more info...Also info at Ft. Campbell is 270-798-2151..He said ask for the DRMO motor pool office. Just thought some folks here might want a new project. Thought it might be worth mentioning to yall.

Neil H.. Alabama.. '78 K5 400ci 4x4 AT,AC,PW Cheyenne. '74 C10 3spd/floor 250ci 4x2

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Don't care about the Blazers. They're just stripped down K5s. FInd out about the P/Us, that is what we want. Stripped down K30s, oh yeah!

Jim '80 GMC & '73 Blazer
    Tread Lightly!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com>www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com</a>

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

You know you made me think of something. They are closing the army bases out here like crazy. One of which is the Army Depot which is literally down the road from me. I drive by it and see tons of vehicles parked there and never used. I wonder if they will be selling these soon? I can't see them needing them for anything seeing how they are selling this place off piece buy piece to be used by businesses like NEC and Packard Bell. I'll see what I can find. At the very least they have a ton of Hummers, K5's and transport trucks but who knows what else?!

How can I miss you if you won't go away? [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>
    &lt;&gt;&lt; 1 Timothy 4:12 &gt;&lt;&gt;

4. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Don't look for any military Hummers hittin the market. They aren't allowed to sell the military versions to the people that financed em in the first place...........

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs
    buildin a 400 for it, any info greatly appreciated

5. Neil

Neil 1/2 ton status

that army fella told me those army k5s have 14 bolts &amp; other goodies in em.

Neil H. Alabama.. '78 K5 400ci 4x4 AT,AC,PW Cheyenne., '74 C10 4x2

6. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

That "guy" in the Army is dead wrong. M1009s (K5) came with 10bolts front and rear. The pickup series (M1008, M1010, M1031, M1028) had the D60/14FF axles. Those DRMO actions can be difficult at best. First, all Federal, State, and local government agencies got first crack at everything (for free). Second, the DRMO nitwits like to sell in lots (makes their job easy, could care less about the actual money recoup). This caters to surplus dealers who have the time, money, experience, and inside contacts to make it happen. Don't want to discourage anyone, but I wrestled with this for a half a year and gave up AND I'M IN THE SERVICE! Good Luck!

Real trucks don't have spark plugs!

7. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Yeah, these gov't auctions are not as easy a deal as some would have you belive.

Sucks, the manufacturers won't offer the stuff to civilians(rear Detroit lockers, front LSD, front/rear clevis recovery points etc) and then we can't buy the stuff from the military very easily. Makes me sick every time I see a K30 being used on the pavement by the Sheriff's office. GRRRRRR!

Lift It, Lock It, LIVE IT!!!

8. Neil

Neil 1/2 ton status

well that sucks.

Neil H. Alabama.. '78 K5 400ci 4x4 AT,AC,PW Cheyenne., '74 C10 4x2

9. bigjbear

This (no surpluss HMMWV) was believed to be true for quite some time. Although there are not manny turning up they do come to auction on occasion. The only problem is they are worn out and selling for the same price as the civ models. If you want more info do a search on the web for mil surpluss vehicles.
    If the K5s have 14Bs then the Army put them there, because GM didn't.

Jim '80 GMC & '73 Blazer
    Tread Lightly!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com>www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com</a>

10. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

Actually they are not allowed to sell the humvees and yes I know they did at one time becuase the marines needed funding and sold several through a loop hole in the law which has now been closed and they do not hit the market as a complete vehicle anymore.

Scott
    78blazer

11. RGF

RGF 1/2 ton status

I agree with Diesel Dan, especially the inside contact part. You use to be able to go to a real auction and possibly buy a truck that was picked over and passed up be the agencies. Now most of it is sold for the government thru a private company so now theres another hand in the kitty!
    RGF

12. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I've seen quite a few Blazers that they've converted to 14 bolts, still in service. Most likely a motor pool hybrid between the Blazers and K30's.

Clean up on aisle 3!!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

13. bigjbear

Well we do it so there is no reason they can't, too.

Jim '80 GMC & '73 Blazer
    Tread Lightly!