Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ft. Collins 4x4 Big Boys Toy Show (COLORADO)

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Capman2k, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

It's about that time again... The Big Boys Toy Show at Ft. Collins 4x4 will be May 22... Last year with my 91 Exploder, I won third prize in the ugly class... This year, I'm going for another class but not sure what yet... A friend of mine who works there is going to lobby for an Explorer class since there are quite a few Explorers planning to go /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif... I have a big list of stuff I want to buy and install before then so I can have the second baddest X there (it's impossible for me to beat Chris's Exploder without a whole lot more money than I'll have before May 22)...

Anyway... I heard from a reliable source that this may be the last year of the show, unless they decide to move it to another lot. They're building a car wash in the dirt lot that has been used in the past... If anyone's planning on going, holla holla /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif... Or just say "Yeah, I'll be there." /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Hmmmm maybe i should postpone driving back to Mass. until may 23? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

yeah.... maybe you should /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

4. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

They have an ugly truck competition, huh? Hmmmm..... I may need to show up and compete! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

The competition last year was about 6 trucks... an old Ford, an old Dodge, an old school Land Cruiser without a top... and rust everywhere... and buckets instead of seats... And a Jeep Wranger totally stock and covered in mud... and another truck that joined in just before the voting ended...

I know the Land Cruiser got first, I'm not sure who got Second... I didn't think I had a chance looking at the ugliness of the Ford and the Dodge. I was sure I could beat the Jeep, but didn't think I'd win a prize /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I guess half primer half gray spray paint is uglier than I thought...

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I guess half primer half gray spray paint is uglier than I thought...

[/ QUOTE ]

We all knew /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif