Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ft. Collins 4x4 Sucks...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, May 21, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I applied the windshield banner they gave me for entering the truck show on Saturday... what a pain in my hizzass...

cleaned off the windshield real good, and put the sticker against the windshield to see where the center was... The thing is curved, and not in the direction the windshield is curved. No way I could put it on there and have it look good... So I pulled out the razor blade and sliced it into 3 pieces...

Soaked the windshield with some soapy water and did the same with the back of the sticker (greatest idea I ever got from 2 Guys Garage or whatever it's called) positioned up the stickers, flattened them out with the razor and all that and came inside for an hour...

Went outside to pull off the paper and have a lovely looking banner on my windshield... I started pulling the paper slowly, but the letters stuck to it... I had to take the blade and one by one pull each letter off the paper and stick them to the windshield individually... I got the banner on, but it looks like crap...

I'd like to know how all these people with perfect Ft. Collins 4x4 stickers got theirs on so perfect...

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i do those vynl die cut stickers all the time. i never use any soap or water. just windex the window clean, let it dry and put the sticker on.

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

When I put on my club banner a few months ago, I dry wiped the mud off my windsheild w/ a shop rag, stuck it on and peeled off the backing.

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

And I always thought it was their outrageous pricing and abyssmal customer service.

5. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I have a big 3-line sticker with my business name and website on it that Jeff Lyons made for me. I just wiped the mud off, cleaned it with windex, and stuck it on there. Looks great (thanks Jeff) and hasn't even thought about coming off yet, 4 months later.