Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel cell help quick

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ROCKBUGGYK5, Jul 25, 2001.

1. ROCKBUGGYK5

ROCKBUGGYK5 1/2 ton status

ok guys heres the scoop, i have a 79 blazer it has three lines running to the tank, i found which one is the return, its the small one, the other two are big, what are they, my vent goes to the cap it appears, ok heres the problem i just got a new fuel cell it has 4 ports, one vent, one return, and 2 pickups, why does it have two pickups?, is this what the other two stock lines go to ( the big ones), i only thought there was one pickup, and if there is only one pickup why does the cell have 2, and what should i do (plug one?), need help fast putting in tommorow

ROCKBUGGY K5 38S LOCKED AND CHOPPED

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I think they go like this (not positive, just a guess):

1 line is the feed line.

Another line is the vent line. This allows the tank some air to breathe. This line should route to a canister on the driver side radiator support.

The third line is the over flow line. This routes the gas back to the tank.

<font color=blue>Daddy told me while learning to pee......"if you shake it more than twice, then you are playing with it!!!"</font color=blue>

3. ROCKBUGGYK5

come awn guys, so if i only have 1 pickup do i just plug thesnd one on the feul cell?

4. ROCKBUGGYK5

come awn guys, so if i only have 1 pickup do i just plug the 2nd one on the feul cell?

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

The other is for a second fuel pump for a back up or a nitrous fuel pump.[​IMG] So heres a good excuse to get that bottle! HEHE!

Out of 100,000 sperm, YOU were the fastest?? [​IMG]

6. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

This seems like the place to ask this. If I was to build my own fuel tank to custom fit my truck, No canisters or anything like that, how many lines do I need? I have a 72 truck and would buy an after market fuel pump and float sensor, but is there anything particular that I should do to this tank?

7. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I would take it to someone that can leak check it and install a boot in it. I had the tank in my old jeep cleaned and booted by a local radiator shop. The boot is a liquid they pour in and coat the tank for leaks and rust. I think there is a commercailly avail. product like it I just dont know who or where.

Thats if I were to fab a tank, personally Id just buy a fuel cell, and be done w/ it.

Out of 100,000 sperm, YOU were the fastest?? [​IMG]