Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuel cell pickup question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Apr 4, 2003.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I bought a fuel cell from MTPockets and I need to know how you guys would mount it. It's a 22 gallon RCI unit with the fuel lines at the bottom end of the tank. There's a lower area there so you can get all of the fuel out of it. My question is, how do I mount it so that on hill climbs I will not run out of fuel? It's a rectangular shape with the pickup on one of the short ends. Would I mount the pickup towards the cab, sideways towards the tires, or backwards?

2. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

Is the low portion a sump?If it is is it baffled?
    Will it store fuel on an incline.
    I mounted mine with the sump towards the front,but mine is baffled to store about a gallon of fuel no matter what angle.Plus my return line feeds right on top of the sump,so as long as its runnin fuel is being pumped into the sump.I did starve for fuel one time while on a rock ledge on Sledgehammer.I was there quit awhile though.No problem though I just walked it forward with the starter till it leveled off and started.