Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuel cell questions...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Confedneck79K30, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

guys with trucks, where'd you mount them, where'd you get them, how big, and what kind of fuel delivery do you use?

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I mounted 2, in the bed. I used an electric pump and used rubber fuel injection hose. They were 2 16 gallon tanks with ball vales mounted between them, also i used the feed and return lines on both

3. FOR MUD

FOR MUD 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

When I did have one...In the bed...Jegs...20 gals...Electic fuel pump.

4. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i got one mounted in the rear of my truck...its a 32 gallon..its huge but i got a deal on it at a race car flea mart...no foam though...i run an eletic ful pump with a regulator and a remote filter...setup works preety good...

5. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

32 gallon is good, id prob go as big as i could get in mine.... i want to eliminate that damn rock slider fuel tank the factory put in for me...

6. WRENCH-HEAD

WRENCH-HEAD 1/2 ton status

I have run two setups. One was a custom fuel cell I had built, low profile under the toolbox. It worked great in the sand but the pickup placement didn't like off camber. I added a sump tank inline before the pump and the filter, but it would still starve after 5 min or so. Next is a 32 gal jaz cell that fits in the tool box. It is foam filled and has a sending unit to work with my guage. It has a smaller footprint so pickup placement is more effective. I will keep the sump tank for insurance though.